What is YALP?
YALP is a program designed to introduce the educational and vocational opportunities of the outdoors to young adults with disabilities by combining the fun of outdoor adventure and nature based learning.
Who is YALP for?
YALP is designed for young adults with disabilities between the ages of 17-24, who are eager to learn new skills and grow as a person and a leader.
What does YALP offer?
YALP offers the experience of a lifetime as participants learn outdoor skills, obtain certifications, and attend site visits led by professionals in the outdoor field. Certificates and skills include: Wilderness First Aid, Food Handlers Permit, Leave no Trace Ethics, Outdoor cooking, Swift Water Rescue, and many more! Program graduates earn potential internship placements.
- Introduce young adults to outdoor educational and vocational opportunities.
- Engage local outdoor agencies and employers to reach out and include individuals with disabilities in their marketing, employment, and educational efforts.
- Provide young adults with tools to gain the independence of adulthood.
- April 8th -- Post-High Application Due
- April 22nd -- High School Application Due
- May 9th - May 27th
- Camping Trip: May 25th - 27th
- Graduation: Friday, May 27th
- June 13th - July 1st
- Camping Trip: June 29th - July 1st
- Graduation: Friday, July 1st
- July 18th - August 5th
- Camping Trip: August 3rd - 5th
- Graduation: Friday, August 5th
Yalp Sponsored by:
For more details contact Common Ground Outdoor Adventures
(435) 713-0288 email@example.com